Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 2 of Project

Well, I'm really glad that Sunday was yesterday because I needed a day off. Saturday night I got really sick - headache, pains, runny nose, sore throat, coughing... you know, the works. I am not really sure if Sunday actually happened because I don't really remember it. I think I remember my mother-in-law, Meg, coming downstairs to tell me they were headed off to church. Yeah, that wasn't happening for me. Thank goodness Sawyer decided to sleep in a little bit and give me some time off.

Waking up today I have to admit I still felt pretty sick but if we refer to a previous post... I have difficulty being in situations where I "shouldn't" be doing something. I think that when I'm sick I feel the desire to get things done even more so than when I'm well. That's probably because when I'm feeling fine I know I can do it whenever I want and then procrastinate it. So, even though I shouldn't have worked on my project today, I did. Thank goodness I'm absolutely amazing and can still work a power tool in a haze.

Here we are, just finished the next step of the project - that little ledge there. Sawyer is showing you guys how awesomely level he is. I've never met a baby who could center the bubbles quite like he can. I guess I can thank genetics for producing a level baby.

The next step was constructing the top shelf. I was a little displeased with this step as I had a mishap and got wood glue all over the place. I'd like to blame Sawyer but in reality, he was on the trampoline ignoring me since I wouldn't let him use the jigsaw.

You like that shadow in the picture? That's about the closest you'll get of a pregnancy picture of me. I mean... look how swollen my shadow is. You don't want to see the real thing.
 
And here we have the "finished" project!!!!! (insert every smiley face you can think of here, maybe even one crying tears of joy and you'll get my feelings at the moment. You could actually insert a face of pain here too because at this moment the baby decided to do a high kick to my upper ribs.)
I have to admit I've been staring at this picture for a few moments amazed with myself. I think I'm getting a little full of myself. Is it wrong to think that I should be receiving calls of congratulations from everybody I know? Look at that thing! That is one amazing, working, bookshelf. I even made Sawyer sit on it to test out the top shelf. If that sounds cruel, don't worry, he was already trying to climb it. Which, makes me wonder if putting wheels on this thing is a wise idea. But what's a library cart without wheels? Not a cart, that's for sure.

Now, I would've kept going but I had to go back to the store for the wheels. I even got showered and dressed (in white pants.... don't wear white pants to a home improvement store) only to find Sawyer asleep on the couch. Normally he doesn't take very long naps but he slept for about three hours. He wasn't feeling well either so I wasn't going to wake him up to tell him he had to go sit in his car seat.

I did eventually make it to the store and I now have paint and the wheels. I even went to Walmart to get the letters for the "Library" sign but I was distracted by the candy section. Therefore, instead of buying the letters I bought chocolate. I could spell Library out in M&M's but that strikes me as silly. Especially when, in a desperate situation, you might find me licking them for a source of sugar. You laugh, but I wouldn't put it past me.

No comments:

Post a Comment