Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pinterest Love (plus a baby)

So, as from the title of this post, I am going to be delving into another pinterest project. However, before I do that I need to announce that Beckham is smiling!!! He's been doing it for a week now but I FINALLY was able to get the timing right and snap a picture. There's nothing like having your baby smile at you to form an instant bond. No matter what you feel for your baby before that moment (hopefully it's love) everything changes when you get a smile.


How goofy is that smile? Loooove it! I was so happy when I got this picture because when I pressed the button it was a much smaller smile but in the second it took my camera to focus he whipped this sucker out. Looks like I have a poser. 

For the record, I'd like to point out that he is smiling early. So basically, what this means is Beckham is a genius and will probably solve world hunger, cure cancer and become president all before the age of 5. I don't care if you can't become president until your 35.... Beckham will smile and they will change the law.
Besides, he already has his presidential pose worked out. Don't believe me?


I'm pretty sure that he's dreaming about the masses cheering at him with adoring faces. And he's all like, "Ugh, it's so tiring being this loved."

Well, baby or no baby, pinterest projects must be completed. And since Halloween is coming up I thought it would be appropriate to make a Halloween wreath.

Inspiration, courtesy of ourbestbites.


 This past weekend we stayed at my in-laws since Chris's brother and his fiance were going to be in town. And it's probably pretty important that I actually meet my future sister-in-law and give my approval. Because, as we know, my approval is puh-retty (un)important. But, I also figured this would be the best time to get a project done since I'd have helping hands. At least with Sawyer because, as you will see, newborns are fun to oogle at but not hold.


Yes, Beckham decided that he only wanted to sleep if he was being held so I obliged but didn't let that get in the way of my crafting. What you can't see is that this is a three person couch and I'm taking it all up with my supplies. In the course of me making this wreath several people walked into the room looking for a spot to sit and I decided to keep my eyes squarely on my project as to avoid that awkward situation.

And here is the finished product:

I wish the door wasn't such an ugly metal gray but I can't help that. But look at that awesomeness!! I wanted to throw in some color since it is Halloween and how can you not use orange and black? Love the spider too... the only time in my life I will ever say that since spiders are devils incarnate.

I have to admit that I'm a little scared to put this on my door since I fear it might get stolen. I mean... if I walked by an apartment with this on it... I would take it. Be warned, if I'm ever your neighbor and decorations go missing... I took them. I'll deny it... but it was me.

1 comment:

  1. YAAAY! A picture! :) LOVE that smile! Oh man seriously that's the BEST! Also... I think he looks a lot like Sawyer did... don't you? Or is it just that first pic? Nice wreath, too!!

    ReplyDelete