Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Oh yeah, I have a blog.

So last time I posted was right around Thanksgiving. So that means I've missed a few critical posts about the holidays. No worries, I will post a super extra long post about all the fun you missed. Ready? Big breath............ stuff happened. Ba ba bum!!!!! Pretty amazing, yes? You wanted more? No? Oh good, I'm too tired to remember what happened past yesterday.

Tired... that's my new existence. I've never been so tired in my life as I have been for the past 3 weeks. Beckham decided sleeping wasn't his thing. No joke, he wakes up 4-5 times a night. That means he wakes up every 1 to 2 hours. Yes, that's right. Want to know what it's like to watch yourself going crazy? Try this sleeping schedule and you'll find out real quick.

Oh, let's also include that he's trying REALLY hard to not take naps.

I know people - that includes doctors, blogs, medical websites, your sister, your friends, your mother - all tell you that it all passes in time but in the moment it's much easier to contemplate what life was like before you had kids. It's hard since for over two years now my life has, literally, revolved around raising my children. I know I used to go to movies past 7 o'clock but it's hard to understand why.

I used to only know one or two shows on the Disney channel but now I not only know every show I also know what time they come on, what order and when the specials will be on so that I can DVR them for later.

Before children I could leave the house before 8 o'clock and it was no big thing. Now, if anyone asks me if I can be somewhere before 11 I think they must be insane. Let's not mention that to actually leave my house now it takes at least 30 minutes to pack up my kids and get them in the car.

Making dinner used to be easy.

I used to have single friends but half of them left when I got married and the rest ran away when I had a kid. Not that I'm really lamenting the loss of not having single friends... drama tends to follow them a bit more. I like to get my drama from Project Runway, thank-you very much.

I used to be able to read books. Now I only read books that involve bears and big red dogs.

But most of all, I used to think I could have 6 children <insert maniacal laughter> Yeah... let's rethink that one.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Yes. I can definitely relate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last line is a gem. And I agree with everything. When are you gonna come live closer to me?? Hmm? :)

    ReplyDelete