Friday, August 3, 2012

Pregnant? Who?

These last few weeks of my pregnancy seem to be really getting to me. Of course this is common among pregnant woman in their third trimester, or so my pregnancy app tells me. After completing that massive library cart project, I thought I might have got rid of the whole "you can't tell me what not to do" bug. Not so. In fact, I think I've only enhanced it.

This week was a bit of a stretch for me. Physically and mentally. Monday I spent all day assembling the furniture I had just taken apart. Tuesday I spent all day unpacking all the boxes that we've had in storage for almost two years now. That included washing all my dishes again. I don't have a dishwasher.

By the time Wednesday has rolled around I'm pooped. More than pooped, I was actually sick but refused to admit to it because, guess what? I decided to take on another Pinterest project. Well, not directly from Pinterest but it was from the same site I got the library cart from, Ana White. I mean, why not take on another wood working project when you're two weeks away from your due date.

Now, before we get into pictures... I know this isn't perfect. In fact, within the first few minutes of starting this project I determined there was no way this was going to be perfect. Why? Because I was starving but since my stomach was upset I wasn't eating anything. Plus, I had a two year old. Plus, I was using scraps from my cart project that were slightly warped. Plus, I was really doing this because I was bored and not because I needed to. Plus... every other excuse in the world.

You're now asking, if you looked at the above link, why I'm building a step stool. There's a lot of answers to that question, one consists of me sticking my tongue at you and saying it's none of your business. However, a better answer might be that I've been looking for one but all the nice ones are too expensive for a piece of plastic and all the crappy ones make me picture my child dying in a horrific stool accident. So, I decided, with all my wood crafting experience, I would do a much better job. And I did.

Ta-dah! See?
 It only took me a couple hours to complete but that's partly because I had given up on the perfection aspect. You see, it's not exactly square. Will Sawyer ever know? No. Will it ever affect his ability to climb up it? No? In fact, if I had left well enough alone you would never even know it wasn't square until you opened up the lid. However, for reasons unbeknownst to a sane person, I decided to try and "fix" a mistake and it didn't turn out. That's all I'm saying because I don't care for you to know what I did and my picture will never show it. 

I actually could have finished this in less than four hours but at this point I was feeling a bit nauseous. Partly because I hadn't eaten anything and partly because, in a few hours, I'm going to find out that I have a stomach virus. A nasty one. I could go into the details but let's face it... if you have had a stomach virus you know what happens and I don't need to explain anymore. And if you haven't, then there is no words to explain how utterly nasty it is. 

So, did I finish it the next day? No. I decided to be on the safe side and not eat anything because, well, above reasons. So, at 38 weeks I haven't eaten anything for two days... excuse me while I'm passed out on the bed with the delusion that my 2 year old is going to behave. 

However, after eating like a ravenous wolf this morning, I decided to go ahead and finish the project.
I'm quite happy with the result. Sawyer is too. 
Having a step stool in the bathroom now means he can gargle. Seriously. The first thing he did was climb up on the stool and grab a cup and start gargling. I guess seeing me using mouth wash has had him wishing he could do the same thing. It was pretty hilarious until he stopped leaning over far enough to actually spit in the sink. Once he started spitting on the floor it wasn't so hilarious anymore. 

That's okay because he moved onto brushing instead. I'm hoping that this will be a trend because he has fought me on brushing his teeth. I guess we will find out tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment